|Project Grant Agreement Number||688203|
|Project Full Name||Building an IoT Open Innovation Ecosystem for Connected Smart Objects|
|Call Title||bIoTope Use Case Implementation and Expansion|
|Submission Deadline||30 April 2018, 17:00 CET (Brussels time)|
|Expected Duration of Extension||Up to twelve (12) months|
|Maximum Funding per Extension||€90,000|
|Type of Activities||bIoTope Use Case support as hardware and/or software providers for data collection and analysis and integration to bIoTope System of Systems platform.
Coordination, communication and consulting activities for Use Case implementation and expansion.
|Type of Applicants||Start-ups, SMEs, companies or research institutes/organizations in the areas of Smart City services, environment, mobility, smart housing and citizen involvement. No consortia are allowed; only single entities can apply. Eligibility criteria for EC funding applies.|
|Language of Proposals||English|
|Help-desk||Management Issues Technical Issues|
|Proposal Submission Platform||Vist the F6S website|
|Publication of 2nd Open Call||1 February 2018|
|Deadline for Pre-proposal Feasibility Check||15 April 2018|
|Deadline for Proposal Submission||30 April 2018, 17:00 CET (Brussels time)|
|Notification of Results||June 2018|
|Selected Third Parties joining the Project||June 2018|
Technical details for each Use Case for Open Call 2 can be found under the respective links below:
The same eligibility criteria as provided under the Horizon 2020 Programme rules of participation (cf. Article 10) apply for this Open Call. More specifically, those eligible to receive funding through this Open Call are any legal entity established in a Member State or associated country, or created under European Union law.
Legal entities established in the following countries are eligible to receive funding through this Open Call:
- The Member States of the European Union (EU), including their overseas departments (based on the general H2020 rules)
- The EU Associated Countries participate in Horizon 2020 under the same conditions as EU Member States. There are, as of 7 November 2016, sixteen countries associated to the Horzon 2020 Programme.
Each proposal will be evaluated by 5 persons, first individually, and then together in a consensus meeting. Each evaluator will submit their individual evaluations through the F6S platform. The evaluation range for each section is 1-5, with threshold for each question = 3/5.
The following evaluation criteria will be used to assess each section of the applicant proposals:
- Section 1: Basic Information
- Completeness of information
- Organizational ability to deliver
- Section 2: Innovativeness
- Innovativeness of the proposal
- Fit for the purpose
- Feasibility of implementation
- Section 3: Implementation
- Implementation schedule
- Implementation plan
- Team and resources
- Alignment with Use Case schedule
- Section 4: Impact
- Networks and reach
- Impact creation plan
- Section 5: Proposal
- Overall proposal
- Fit for the need
How many projects will you fund in the Open Call?The bIoTope project expects to select approximately 7 Third Parties for the 2nd Open Call.
Can we participate in the consortium with another company?No, only single companies are allowed to submit a proposal and they must be registered as a legal entity.
Can we propose two or more proposals?You can submit as many proposals as you wish.
What kind of IoT solutions are you looking for?We are looking for commercial companies and technically mature hardware solutions Software development for connecting to the bIoTope IoTbnb will be required. The required solutions are very specific to implemented use cases and require deep domain-specific knowledge.
What do you expect from IoT solution providers in this Open Call?We expect commitment to complying with the bIoTope IoTbnb and open interfaces. In many cases we are looking for turnkey solutions for hardware and software installation, data collection, analysis and decision support.
Do applicants have to provide the source code to others within the Project?No - your code and any modifications can remain under your ownership.
What is the estimated number of trips I should budget for?There are no trips expected since each selected Third Party would collaborate specific to a certain use case and location.
My proposal has been selected for funding, now what?The selected Third Parties will sign the bIoTope Standard Project Contract with the bIoTope Coordinator. The Standard Project Contract includes clauses on i) Obligation for Third Parties, ii) General rules for management of IPR and iii) Results Reporting and Payments.
When will selected projects start?During June-August 2018.
When will I receive funding?For financial support provided by the bIoTope project to Selected Third Parties, the following schedule of payments apply:
- 60% of the overall financial support as interim payment based on the evaluation by the bIoTope consortium of the Intermediate Report, edited and provided by the Selected Third Party by midterm (after half of the Project’s duration has passed from the Project starting date).
- 40% of the overall financial support as Final payment subject to the evaluation by the bIoTope Consortium of Final Report, edited and provided by Selected Third Party at the end of the Project’s duration and (eventually) following a formal approval of the report and the work at a Technical Project Review by the European Commission.
What has to be reported for a reimbursement of costs?Successful Third Parties need to submit 2 reports on a timely basis to the bIoTope Coordinator, whose approval permits the reimbursement of costs:
- Intermediate Report edited and provided by the Third Party at the midpoint of the work planned;
- Final Report edited and provided by the Third Party at the conclusion of the work planned and eventually following a formal approval of the report and the work at a technical project review by the European Commission.
The report template for cost reimbursement is available as Annex to the bIoTope Standard Project Contract.
What support will be given to the selected Third Parties during the project?Selected Third Parties will be supported by bIoTope consortium partners involved in the specific Use Case in which they participate. The support and collaboration is very close given that the projects will be working directly with the Use Case owners and other stakeholders.
A pre-proposal feasibility check is available for applicants by submitting your draft application via this e-mail link: Feasibility Check.